Complaints Process

Talk to us 

Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treatment or care they have received at Richmond Road Medical Centre.

We understand that we may not always get everything right and, by telling us about the problem you have encountered, we will be able to improve our services and patient experience.


Who to talk to 

Most complaints can be resolved at a local level. Please speak to a member of staff if you have a concern and they will assist you where possible. Alternatively, ask to speak to the complaints manager but note this may need to be a booked appointment. 

A complaint can be made verbally or in writing. A complaints form is available from reception.


If for any reason you do not want to speak to a member of our staff, then you can request that the Integrated Care Board (ICB) investigates your complaint.


Time frames for complaints

The time constraint on bringing a complaint is 12 months from the occurrence giving rise to the complaint, or 12 months from the time you become aware of the matter about which you wish to complain.

The complaints manager will respond to within three business days to acknowledge your complaint. 

We will aim to investigate and provide you with the findings as soon as we can and will provide regular updates regarding the investigation of your complaint 


Investigating complaints

We will investigate all complaints effectively and in conjunction with extant legislation and guidance. 



We will ensure that all complaints are investigated with the utmost confidentiality and that any documents are held separately from the patient’s healthcare record. 


Third party complaints

We allow third parties to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide consent for them to do so. A third-party patient complaint form is available from reception. 


Final response 

We will issue a final formal response to all complainants which will provide full details and the outcome of the complaint. We will liaise with you about the progress of any complaint.


Advocacy support


Further action

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from either North East London ICB or this organisation, then you can escalate your complaint to Parliamentary Health Service